I read this article the other day, and I can't recall to where something has spoken to me more.
Almost every one of them I could relate to.
People that are around Scott and I on a regular basis always say we should have our own show. I don't agree, we are very mundane, but our relationship is like no other I've known.
I complain about him a lot. He complains a lot about me.
It's been almost 13 years, ya'll.
He has faults, I have many faults.
Have I ever wanted to walk away? Yes I have. Could I ever walk away? No.
I'm in it for life. As much as I want to smother him while he sleeps, I truly cannot imagine a day without him.
Here is the article, and my comments.
23 Unromantic Signs That You’ve Found Your Soulmate
BY Kim Quindlen
1. You have a blast doing super boring stuff together, like grocery shopping, running to the pharmacy, or doing your taxes.
Ya'll. There is nothing more aggravating than going to the grocery store with Scott. JUST TODAY, he spent 13 minutes in the beer aisle. He compares all of the ketchup in a row trying to pick the best one. I grab and go. Apparently today I grabbed "cubed" ham instead of "diced" ham.
I have told him multiple times he is going to get kiddy-leashed to the shopping cart if he doesn't stop wandering off.
2. You have more fun eating takeout on the couch than you do dining out at a five-star restaurant.
YES x 1,000,000,000.
3. One of your favorite things about being with them is eating whatever the hell you want without worrying about looking cute.
Yes Lawd. So what if I had a three-day old ponytail whilst eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon? At least my binge eating is something I can do in front of him with only minimal judgement.
4. You somehow fall for them even more after you see their real, no holds barred, mouth-open sleeping face.
5. And you’re just as comfortable with them seeing yours… drool and all.
6. You can certainly appreciate one another when you’re all dressed up. But your favorite versions of each other are sweatpants, your favorite ratty old t-shirts, and no prep time.
He threatens to throw out my ratty old shirt. You know, I haven't seen it in a while....
7. You treasure their casual handwritten notes and cards more than the most expensive thing they’ve ever given you.
I have never admitted this to anyone, especially him, but I do keep almost everything that he writes to me.
8. They call you out when you need to be called out on something, and vice versa.
I do it more than he does, but I do appreciate it when he brings me back down to where I need to be. I wouldn't have any respect for him if he let me get away with all the things that I have done and said.
9. Your PDA is relatively nonexistent. At this point you have so much more fun with smirks across the table while sharing an inside joke, private smiles or goofy faces when you make eye contact across the room at a party, and any other communication you have in public that is shared only between the two of you.
We don't even have Private Displays of Affection, must less Public ones, haha.
10. They’re great at giving you pep talks, but they also refuse to coddle you.
11. You can openly talk – and laugh – about your bodily functions.
This is truly a daily event. The consistency of our poop, how many calories you burn when you fart, and him yelling "5 more!" every time he does it.
12. Sometimes your favorite part about going to weddings together is not the moving ceremony or the emotional toasts, but simply getting drunk together and acting like goofballs.
Now we don't drink outside of our home, but we are definitely not mushy lovey dovey people. We go to people watch and make fun of folks.
13. You’ve developed your own relationship lexicon: real or made-up words and phrases that have their own special meaning between the two of you.
No, I won't tell you what they are.
14. You know each other so well that you could probably answer correctly for them 9 out of 10 times in a celebrity edition round of Who would you rather?
15. Some of your ‘terms of endearment’ for one another are not terms of endearment at all. Rather, they’re nicknames like ‘nerd’ or ‘pal.’ And you actually prefer it this way.
Well ours are more R rated than "nerd" or "pal". They usually involve an F bomb and reproductive organs.
16. It doesn’t gross you out when they have the flu or get sick in some way, because you’re just focused on taking care of them.
I think we are more focused on getting each other better so we will both stop whining about it and going back to work.
17. You openly tell each other when you’re annoying the hell out of each other, and even though it’s based in truth, you can still laugh about it.
At least twice a day, "OMG Stop talking!"
18. You can hang out with them in silence without feeling weird about it.
19. In fact, chilling out with them in total quiet, without feeling the need to come up with small talk, is one of your favorite parts of being with them.
I also love having legit conversations about the things we love to argue about. Conspiracy theories, Creation, Evolution, history, and my lack of geographic knowledge. "THERE IS NO DAMN WAY THAT RUSSIA IS IS ASIA!!!!"
Fact: It is actually located in Europe and Asia, commonly known as "Eurasia". But whatever, I thought it was on top of Canada.
20. You’ll never betray each other by watching an episode of ‘your show’ on your own. You made a pact that the binge watching of this particularly series must be done together, and you both plan to stick to it.
This is why we are only in season 2 of Game of Thrones.
21. They buy you your favorite snack or candy at the convenience store more often than they give you flowers, and you wouldn’t change a damn thing.
Every time he goes :)
22. They make you laugh in extremely serious and inappropriate situations.
It is my absolute favorite thing about him.
23. You’d rather spend a super lame day with them than go on an over-the-top date with anybody else.
These are the days that I cherish.
Forget a perfectly posed+full makeup+hair just done+fake picture that commonly graces Facebook, this is us.
Real damn life.
I love how he understands my very lame and dry sense of humor, and I am grateful that he understands all of the outrageous things that go through my head, because I don't explain myself very well.
I asked him what is his absolute favorite thing about me, expecting a NSFW answer, and he said:
Well it's NSFW, so I can't put it on here.
I enjoy sports, binge watching TV, food, reading, and slightly bearded men.
Most popular blog posts from my previous Blog:
How I Died (Again)
Lily is Here!
The "Miracle" Diet
Zesty Lemon Shrimp
My Apologies to Shelby County, AL
The Evolution of My Hair
My Night Stalking Dale Murphy
The Worst Late Night Snack Ever
Questions from God