I very rarely work on a Saturday, so I definitely blew everyone's minds when I walked in this morning.
And by morning I mean noon.
Got work done, grocery shopping done, complained about my mouth hurting, and watched a lot of cartoons.
I saw this article and for sure I knew that I have met my soulmate:
Seven signs that cheese is your Best Friend:
1. You snack on cheese slices between every meal In your eyes, all cheese is created equal — even if it's not deli fresh. Single slices are portable, and absolutely essential in a grilled cheese sandwich. One single makes for a perfect snack, and won't spoil dinner. Like a true friend, it doesn't want you to wash an extra dish on its behalf.
Plus, face it. If you allowed yourself to snack on a pure cheddar cube, you'd lose all control.
2. Spare cheese in a pizza box makes your heart hurt If you're at a party and see a cheese glob fall back into the box after someone serves themselves, you immediately call dibs. Why do you need extra cheese, when you're about to eat a large mass of cheese? Well, because it's cheese. In your head, you remind yourself to "leave no man behind."
3. The cheese popcorn is the first to disappear in your holiday trio Butter, caramel, and cheese — it's a delightful gift to get from that person who really doesn't know you well enough to get you anything else. Yet, you'd be fine if all three compartments were filled with just the cheese variety. That's the one that makes you happy, and that's the one you looked forward to most after receiving the tin.
There's a chance you've even let the others go stale, in the time between getting the tin and pondering what else you could use the tin for. (Face it: You won't use the tin for anything else. Just throw it out.)
4. Restaurant nachos offend you Ever notice how when you order nachos, all of the toppings are clumped right on top? The cheese should be equally distributed. Just like friendship, every chip should have access to something that improves its quality. Bare chips are just a little lonely without cheese.
When you make nachos at home, it's all about layering. You've mastered the recipe, and you just don't know why fancier eateries haven't caught on yet.
5. Handi-Snacks included that red plastic cheese applicator just to spare you from using your finger for the remaining cheese You're an adult, and you still eat Handi-Snacks — it's OK. You make the most out of it. You make sure to have enough cheese left after the crackers are long gone for "round two" of snacking. In other words, scraping the leftover cheese from the small crevices of its flimsy plastic home.
It's almost a hobby for you. You can't throw out the package until all of the cheese is gone, and would question an actual human friendship if you saw someone eat it any other way.
6. You tell cheese about your problems, because you know it never judges you Cheese doesn't question whether or not you've remembered to pay the water bill. Cheese never made you feel guilty about skipping a friend's birthday since you preferred to catch up on the Serial podcast. Cheese will only comfort you, if it can sense you need some comforting.
In fact, Babybels are pretty much like, "Hey, girl. I know you had a tough day. Just take, like, a bushel of me, and chill out. I go well with wine, and nobody has to know that I'm the only component of your dinner tonight. It's all good."
7. You've never met a cheese you didn't like I mean, Swiss might not be everyone's favorite, but you'd never openly reject it. If only human friends could be that way. Just imagine — you suddenly meet like, 12 different varieties of friends, and have the feeling of "I love all of you! Seriously. Some more than others, but none of you have red flag qualities. You're all terrific, and we'll be in each other's lives forever."
Also, you like the fact that cheese never changes. Cheese never stopped hanging out with you since she met some new guy, and then suffered a personality change, and then expected you to be there for her again when she realized that the guy actually had secret children. Cheese is just cheese. And you love it for that.
Karen Beltz @kittensonvespas
I love you, Karen
Sunday was a good day. I slept in until 10, and ran into work, then went to see the fam.
Monday was like the calm before the storm for this week.
Tuesday began way before daylight. Our breakfast hostess has lost three people in her family in three weeks. Breakfast isn't hard to do, it's just time consuming. I knew when I finished cleaning it up I was going to have to check the rooms since Laura was off, but what I didn't anticipate was a housekeeper with 14 rooms to do not showing up. Guess who did the rooms?
Even though I know exactly how they need to be and what to check for, I am always afraid that I am going to miss something.
I was almost done for the day when I realized it was the last day of payroll.
I crawled up the stairs into the house and passed out.
Wednesday was good. I did breakfast again, but didn't have to do rooms later.
I don't see how the ladies do it, that is extremely hard work. You have to be precise and swift.
So much squatting.
Can we take a moment here and talk about what is worse.
The most awesome thing in the picture? My Little Texas collage in the background.
Work was good, though.
This lovely gentleman that trained me at the Front Desk, Chris Thomas is below.
Making the news and stuff.
One of the biggest scaredy cats I know :)
A few years ago we had Dirty Santa. You pick a wrapped gift from the pile, and you can either trade for a gift that someone else has, or take the wrapped gift.
Who would dream of putting back the cup with my face on it?
This day was great from the beginning.
Bailey sent me a series of SnapChats that made me LOL. I couldn't screen shot them all, but the story was, she went to the vending machine and hit he wrong button.
Another story she probably doesn't want me to share, when she goes to order at Popeye's, the dude that works there knows her because she comes so much and knows what she wants to order.
She messaged me the other day when he called her out on it. "I can't go back!!!!!!"
But she went back.....
Don't even think of visiting when Bailey is not there......
She loves me.
Another amazing day.
I am not even sure what's going on with this picture.
What am I looking at exactly?
Let us not forget Lily helping me clean the living room....
Well I have misplaced my flash drive, so that's all for this week :)
I enjoy sports, binge watching TV, food, reading, and slightly bearded men.
Most popular blog posts from my previous Blog:
How I Died (Again)
Lily is Here!
The "Miracle" Diet
Zesty Lemon Shrimp
My Apologies to Shelby County, AL
The Evolution of My Hair
My Night Stalking Dale Murphy
The Worst Late Night Snack Ever
Questions from God